Monday 24 October 2011

It's been a while... [KPOP]

It's been far too long since my last update. I'd like to pretend that for once, yes I was being lazy but nope! I've been so busy with school work and trying to get on top of things here in Nebraska. I've been very social and not really taking time to be extremely active online. If you have me added on facebook you'll get snippets and updates on what has been going on there. If not, I'll try and take the time to update something here but for now I want to talk about music. In particular ...2? No... 4? CDs I have. Truthfully, three are the same CD (thanks for that SM Ent) of SHINee's Japanese release of LUCIFER (all three editions). I've already done a slapdash box opening for youtube but I wanted to take some nice pictures and update my blog for you lovely people. Also, GoEun's mother was kind enough to purchase and send to her Kara's 2nd album STEP (Special edition no less!), so I've taken a few pictures of it as well. I wanted to test out my macro zoom lens some, since I have it, and so there are a few pictures taken with it.


So lets start with Kara. Honestly, I'm not much of a Kara fan but I do enjoy a few of their songs (Lupin, Mister & Step). When GoEun asked me what CD I wanted (for my birthday haha) I was stumped. However, I've been curious about this group and I do have a bias. I wanted to know more. This was a good opportunity. So the CD was bought and now I have it. I do enjoy quite a few of the songs on the album but I haven't listened to the full thing yet. I think they are a group that are really well suited for the Japanese market - which isn't something you can say about a lot of Korean groups. Their korean releases are good too and while the MV was kinda sketchy to me, their title song is a nice beat.







I really like the design of the CD

Such a pretty photobook!

Now on to the SHINee goodies! Teehee. I got all three versions, as mentioned before, and I honestly think it's worth it. The play button is really cool. I just wish it had a volume up/down function instead of the skip song function since... well... there is only one song on it. SM what are you thinking?




Gif made to show parts of the photobook
I'm not completely sold on the Japanese version of LUCIFER yet. I mean, I can listen to it and such but I really wished they had promoted KISS KISS KISS. Such a beautiful ballad. I do like the Japanese version of Love Like Oxygen. I feel like it works better than LUCIFER.

No comments:

Post a Comment