Sunday 3 July 2011

Replay, Replay, Replay! [KPOP/JPOP]

I put this under KPOP/JPOP since its a Kpop group making their Japanese debut and trying their hand at Jpop - which is completely different from the slick and polished look of Kpop. A lot of groups aren't even successful at this unless they are super good at Japanese, their song is completely original or if a remake, it's fucking fantastic. I think SHINee works with remaking Replay simply because SM have put a lot of effort into the video/promotion and their Japanese is pretty good (from what I know haha).

So naturally being a shawol, I bought both editions of their Japanese REPLAY -kimi wa boku ni dake no everything- album. This included a limited edition and then a deluxe limited edition. One came with a postcard, the other with a photocard and the deluxe edition had a hard cover plus some extra photos.




To start with, the (regular) limited edition. I thought it was kind of cool and a bit weird that they followed the whole Korean CD cover thing instead of the Japanese (they use Jewel cases like Western CDs). Still, Korean covers are awesome and I'm not complaining! This version of the CD has the CD on the inside front cover, the DVD on the inside back cover and the photo-book sandwiched in between. This was the edition that came with the postcard.





To me, this layout and look is pretty similar to LUCIFER and recent f(x) releases. I'm not complaining but it works for these groups. It suits their image as a group. To all the people who worked on the CD jacket, I salute you. This is so much better than earlier SHINee releases that were too slick and Super Junior-esque. Just saying!

The deluxe limited edition had a case for the CD/DVD and then the photo-book was separate. I got my Minho photo card with this one!


I should mention the songs/videos that came with edition ne?
Regular Limited edition: Music - Replay & Hello (both Jap. versions) / Video - Replay MV, Jacket shooting Sketch, Music Video Sketch & MV Teaser.
Deluxe Limited edition: Replay & Hello (Jap. versions) and Replay & Hello (Kor. versions) / Video - Replay MV, Replay Dance MV & MV teaser.

So basically to get everything you needed both copies. I think it was worth buying both since you get extra video on one and extra songs on the other.

Yuh, the deluxe limited edition had the same photos are the regular limited edition and then a load extra. I didn't take a picture of every page since that is plain ridiculous and I'm sure a fansite or tumblr page or soompi thread or the SHINee fan forum will have scans so check there!





I should mention this one cute thing, behind the CD/DVD place holders on both copies it says "please return here the CD of SHINee" or "please return here the DVD of SHINee". I thought that was adorable!

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Gorgeous! I love the concept of this!

Adjunct Fangirl said...

SHINee have had some GORGEOUS albums coming out since Juliette!

Post a Comment