Monday 18 July 2011

It's My Soul! [JPOP/MISC]

After complaining about not blogging on twitter and then reading Claudia's post, I realised that some of us don't update a lot during the summer. Even looking at my archives, I blogged more during May than any other time. Maybe because I just used it as a coping mechanism (I prefer that term than procrastination~). Regardless, this has turned into a blog where I talk less about myself and more about things I buy. This shows two things about me, I hate talking about myself and I think the stuff I buy says more about me than I could myself. Wow. Mouthful.


So, some of this I was going to save for when I got my Kanjani8 stuff. Why? Cause I'm going to talk about Kanjani8 now, oh you lucky people.

Unbeknownst to my oh-so-lovely followers, when you get sucked into fangirling a fandom it can take a lot out of you. Now, don't judge before you experience it for yourself. You dedicate hours to following a group or two or three or four - you get the idea - and before you know it you're drained. Simply drained. There is no other way to put it. You try your best but other fans will find a way to bring you down. No matter how hard you try, you'll always be behind. This is even harder when you're an international fan. We have a certain stigma attached to us. Some kfans hate us being in their fandoms but eh, what can you do about it?

So aside from all this (wow talk about rambling), I was desperate to... not ignore but move away from the kpop side of things. Stuff was complicated. If you can't figure what I'm talking about liken it to any bitchiness from the BJD hobby (try as you might, it will always be there) or even high school. Some people never seem to mature. Jpop was my first 'home' if you like and I liked the 'bubble' I could immerse myself in. I didn't have bad experiences with Jpop the same way as I had them with Kpop.

This leads me to Kanjani8. A supermegaawesomeface group from JE. They're just... They've helped me a lot in the past few weeks with their cray cray. I was desperate to know this group since I already listened to other JE groups and for some reason I had largely ignored them. I don't know why, I just focused on Arashi, NEWS and, of course, KAT-TUN.

Kanjani8 are something else.


They're an osaka group with currently seven members (one left a long time ago due to a scandal). They're crazy and hyper and a little family all unto themselves. They just are so happy all the time and watching them, listening to them, reading about them... everything. Takes me to a happy place~ I forget about the drama that is rife in kpop fandom and just chill out for a moment. I'm not saying jpop is a perfect place, there are people who are anti-kpop and start drama as well. I'm just saying from my 3 years of being a Jpop fan, it has never been as bad as my two as a kpop fan. Never.

I don't want this to turn into a omg-kpop-fans-are-bitches post. That's not my intention. No, this is a omfg-how-amazing-are-kanjani8 post! Actually, I was supposed to talk about other things. UM... I bought a lot of KAT-TUN stuff I never talked about.

Oh! It's less than a month to my departure to Nebraska! I have a blog set up for my time there so when I'm in Nebraska I'll be updating there. I haven't decided yet if I'll run bought blogs or focus on my Nebraska one. I'l decide when I get there and see how bad my workload is haha~~

BTW this glorious piece of Japanese sexy is my Kanjani8 bias. His name is Subaru Shibutani~ aka Subaru aka Baru. I also found out recently he shares my birthday!! Talk about awesome!

all graphics used in this post are created by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment