Wednesday 1 June 2011

We Shouldn't See Each Other Anymore [BJD]

I got some fantastic news today that my finance was finally sorted. This has been something of an ongoing battle over the past two years and finally its all smoothed out. I had been talking with a friend about getting another SD sized doll if my grant allows for it and I written in the left side bar which on I'm getting (and in various posts before!). I just thought I would take this opportunity to talk about his character history and where the idea of his character came from - that sort of thing.




Jeremy Moon, a Korean university student is inspired primarily from two sources. From the character of Patrick Moon from the manhwa COMIC and from the character of Hanazawa Rui from Hana Yori Dango (JDrama Version). Comic is my favourite Manhwa so far and Hana Yori Dongo is one of my favourite JDramas. Also his first name is from Hongki's character in You're Beautiful (but also a name I've used for a character before haha). Jeremy will have a kind-hearted demeanor and is the son of two prolific lawyers from South Korea. He is a sensitive soul who was badly ill when he was a child. Because of this he was home schooled until he was able to attend university.

Now, at the age of nineteen he is studying to be a lawyer at Seoul National University. While he is happy to walk down the path his parents have laid out for him (he is extremely laid back) Jeremy's true passion is in music. He plays both violin and piano at a professional level and he is also fluent in English, Japanese and French as well as his native Korean.

Jeremy is fast becoming one of my favourite characters to write about. He is best friends with Ash (their parents went to school together etc) although they are opposites. Whereas Ash is hot-headed and has little patience for others, Jeremy is understanding and easy going. While Ash is able to live out his musical dream, Jeremy is bound to the duty of the first son. He will inherit his parent's law offices once he is able.

Also the song I posted earlier... is always stuck in my head when I think about Jeremy or write about him. It's Rui's theme from Hana Yori Dango but it's just... it fits Jeremy too. There is something bittersweet about his character. He is always encouraging others to reach for their dreams and seek their happiness whereas he accepts his fate and doesn't strive to free himself from his parents...


My Jeremy will be a blonde Nia without the default Crobi faceup. I hope I am able to bring him home. It would be nice to take the two best friends to Nebraska together. I still need to figure out his Korean name!! There will also be a love triangle between Jeremy, Ash and Minyoung - much like the one from Hana Yori Dango!

2 comments:

ishtar said...

oh gosh, another Hanazawa Rui!!!you can make him meet with my IH Barron
love this boy, love your videos....

Adjunct Fangirl said...

haha just loosely based on his personality (: I actually didn't like his character so much in the first season but in the second one, i loveeeee him XDDD haha

Post a Comment