Thursday 23 June 2011

DVDs & Manga & Manhwa, oh my! [DVD/MG/MH]

I didn't want to write Manga and Manhwa in the title so MG represents Japanese comics and MH represents Korean comics. I don't want to clutter my titles but I want people to know what the post is about... and it's pretty self explanatory right now haha. In the future, I'll use MH and MG also.

So instead of splitting it into a million tiny posts, I thought I would talk about all of this in one post. As well as being a Jpop/Kpop fangirl and collecting BJDs - two other passions I have are for manga/manhwa and films. Mostly I would watch foreign films, so... pretty much everything I have to show here is World Cinema or Anime (Studio Ghibli). I'm so close to completely my Studio Ghibli collection. I have the core DVDs from the recognised Studio Ghibli collection. There are plenty more associated films out there that I'd love to have as well. Unfortunately, since my brother has taken my Xbox I haven't had a chance to watch many... well, what are Macs for, eh?


First I'll show the manga and manhwa I purchased from Forbidden Planet. While Waterstones sometimes stock a nice selection of manga, its nice to get to Belfast when I can. I love Forbidden Planet, it would easily be one of my favourite stores, and I'm happy to see they have a wider selection of manga and a growing collection of manhwa.





I bought volume 18 of Bleach, an ongoing collection as well as 8 to 10 of Hana Kimi. At first, I didn't take to the art of Hana Kimi but I'm really enjoying the story a lot now. It's better once you get further into it. I also bought 1 to 4 of You're So Cool, a manhwa that (as Claire rightly pointed out) reminds me of Minyoung and Ash! It's seriously them! Haha. Lastly, I got Bad Teacher's Equation. My first Yaoi! I've read plenty of Yaoi before -coughs- but I've never purchased my own before. So far it's utterly hilarious. Yes, my preferred manga would be Shojo but I do have my fair share of Shonen too!

Now on to the DVDs. I have so many DVDs in my collection now, it's scary! But there are always more I want to see and have. I just can't watch a movie or lend it from someone else, I have to own it. I've slowly managed to get the core Studio Ghibli collection. Some of which I got for a fantastic bargain from eBay (which is a very dangerous site and I shouldn't be allowed on it...).



With these six I complete my collection. The Cat Returns is my favourite!! The only one I haven't seen before purchasing it was My Neighbours the Yamadas. I'm very excited to be watching this one.

I also managed to buy a new dorama. Of course, I haven't finished Hanayome to Papa (soon Merry, I promise! I'm on the last disk!). I wanted a Kame drama since I loved his acting in 1 Pound Gospel. Merry says its a serious drama and now very... exciting but I'm sure I'll love it... I always do haha...



The synopsis from Dramawiki is as follows:
The story revolves around Kanzuki Shizuku, a young man who was estranged from his father, a world-famous wine critic. When his father passed away, he left behind a wine collection worth a fortune, but in order to inherit it, Shizuku must solve a series of puzzles left by his father to identify 6 wines. His competitor was Tomine Issei, a prominent wine critic, whom his father adopted before his death.

And of course, I have purchased more Asian horror movies - if anyone has seen any let me know what you thought of them! So far I'm half way through Ghost Game and the Eye. I also purchased the live action sequel to the Girl who Lept through Time. It is one of my favourite animated movies and I was excited to find this in the video store. Being the fangirl I am, I snagged myself a copy of 71 into the Fire. Can not wait to watch it either. There are two french movies in the mix as well (I love French cinema!) and a Dutch film (from the Netherlands). I'll be exciting to watch it as well!




 

3 comments:

Immie said...

O_______________O Live action sequal to The Girl who Leapt through time!?! I must see! It's one of my favourite movies ever T^T! Please let me know what you think of it!

Also, The Eye is pretty good, but I much prefer Shutter. Have you seen it ^_^?

We must merge our Ghibli collections and create a super-force O_O

Immie said...

Oh, by the way, I'm really enjoying reading your blog. I know we don't talk much, but we have a lot in common <3 ^_^

Adjunct Fangirl said...

I haven't watched it yet! I'll let you know how it goes! I love love love the girl who leapt through time haha so i'm excited for it as least. Also, I super want 5 centimetres a second.

I think the Eye is alright but Shutter is good! I have it on dvd haha. I have a LOT of dvds >___>

SUPER STUDIO GHIBLI COLLECT COMBINE!

Awwwe thanks Clare (: we can bond more on twitter now you're on there as well haha. I love talking about films to other people! I'm going to start blogging more about films, they're a pretty big passion of mine and part of my course haha.

Post a Comment