Sunday 7 August 2011

Eight! [LIFE!]

Eight is a pretty important number right now. I leave for Nebraska in eight days. Eight day is on Monday. Kanjani8! Um. Yeah, okay it's not that important and that is pretty much everything I can think of related to that number. Aside from the fact it is a lucky number for me. But wait! What? Eight days until you leave for Nebraska? I can hear you say. Yup! A big ole fat eight! Scary close right! I've never travelled so far by myself before, it's enough to induce several panic attacks. Haven't packed yet and I have so much left to sort out before I fly away for good (or until May next year...).

Saturday was my last day at work and it was kinda sad to leave. I didn't shed any tears and I didn't feel an overwhelming amount of sadness but at the same time, it had to be sad... right? I've worked there for so long and I really felt part of the 'family'. More about the future and some pictures and other random updates beyond the read more!


I should continue with leaving SuperValu. Anyone who knows of my tumblr or follows me there already has those updates haha. Well, the pictures anyway. I worked 12 hours on Saturday (what a way to leave~) and really... I didn't expect a thing from anyone. However, those lovely people I work with had other plans of course! They got me a card and practically everyone seemed to have signed it! Even some full-time staff who were in shopping signed it for me! I discovered Marie was the mastermind behind this whole thing and I'm really touched by the gesture. They even bought me lots of yummy chocolate!


Look at that lovely epic card and tasty chocolate. They got me a lot more chocolate than I took a picture of, haha. I thought the iced plaque was the coolest thing ever~ Please excuse my Macbook pictures but yuh, ever since getting this baby I've been using it more and more to take pictures. Talk about laziness!

I love the different effects too! Anyways, on to chatting about Kanjani8 woo~ I got two more of their CDs (singles) which were KANFU FIGHTING! and 浪花いろは節. I've been listening to 浪花いろは節 a lot more than anything else haha. Aside from the fact 終わりのない旅  has jumped up to become my most played song on iTunes O.o! 浪花いろは節 has a lovely pop-enka feel to it and I really adore this song. Maybe it's the elect mix of enka-rap-pop or something... Subaru's voice features heavily and jksdbgjhsbghjfbgjd I love love love his voice! Aaah, he sings so well~~ /daydream.

So yuh, getting pretty big into Kanjani. I can easily say they're my second favourite Jpop group now (sorry NewS, sorry ARASHI). I'm so glad I got into these crazy boys! I've even made some graphics of them since Reema got me to rejoin RCR (red carpet rebellion).
 


Oh! And I got promoted on RCR! It's how I spend a good part of my online time these days. I used to be on graphic forums A LOT back in the day, even being a moderator on Pandora's Closet (since closed down ;;). I just enjoy making pretty things (I hope~) and it helps with the creative juices haha. My username is HOT SUMMER!



What else has been going on in my life? I've been so busy with work, I haven't really had time to hang out with friends and my time to leave is fast approaching. Even as I type that I can feel my tummy doing little flips. I've been focusing on relaxing online. I've all but closed down my facebook. A few friends have begged me to keep it but I don't allow people to post on my wall. For numerous, personal reasons. I prefer twitter, which is lovely and has so many good online friends there. Plus I can flail and fangirl to my heart's content. I've also been using my tumblr a lot more and even started up a Subaru tumblr! I've tried to keep an edits tumblr before but I find I tend to fail with them. Hopefully this Subaru one will be a bit more successful. Just need to gather up a load of Kanjani8/Subaru pictures for it haha. I also want to be making more gifs.

Wow this is turning out a lot more of a ramble than I first thought it would haha. This is a good update for now. I can't remember if I mentioned it before (I probably have...) but I have a blog set up for blogging in Nebraska!! I'll link it to people once I've started using it~

2 comments:

Immie said...

Very jealous of your skillz0rz Hazelface <3 I used to love making sigs and avatars...and wallpapers...and pixelling...and scribbles...*sigh* But then my computer broke and being out of practice so long has rendered me ridiculously lame at making anything decent.

Really miss ye <3 It's hard to keep in contact with people when I don't go on Facebook anymore and I can't connect to Twitter :(

So very excited for you as well though <3<3!

Hazel Callan said...

Since I pretty much gave up RPing, I spend more time making graphics haha. You should get back into it, I was out of practice for a few years but it's amazing what you remember haha <3

I miss all you craycray bfast ones ;A; was hoping to head up today to meet Clair but wasn't able, so that was reallllllly disappointing ;; Silly life not letting you connect to places.

Thanks so much -hugs- <3

Post a Comment