Wednesday 9 November 2011

NebrasKon [ALL THE THINGS]

I know I haven't posted the pictures I promised but I want to get this out of the way before I forget and then never post about it ever. I had a lot of fun at Nebraskon. I was surprised that I knew a lot more cosplays than I ever thought I would. Honestly, Anime and Manga aren't my focus when it comes to Asian stuffs. That being said, my Manga/Manhwa collection isn't something to be sniffed at - I guess I'm just not as serious about it as some people are.

Still, it just an amazing experience and I'm grateful to Alex and Nick for taking me along. I am considering going to another one when I go home and perhaps also to one in Texas if Merry feels up to it. Anyways, I was really shy when it came to taking pictures. I pretty much took pictures at the first event we went to which was the chess game. It was hard since people were moving a lot and I thought my camera was on a different setting for that - it wasn't. Lots of blurry pictures. Also at first I felt a little odd. All these people were dressed up and I was bopping around in 'civilian' clothing (to make me sound a lot more cooler than I was). Eventually I gave up on the whole pictures thing and just stuck to carrying Ash around. Which made sure I bumped into BJD people!

1. Look at that face! 2. Thanks camera for focusing on the background...

It was fun to see the variety of cosplay. I can't say I was surprised that people didn't just stick to anime since I've known about cosplaying and anime conventions before. I've always wanted to go to one but it's not something a lot of people I know are into. I was really happy to see a lot of Doctor Who (and shocked that Nick had no idea what it was - honestly!) and also super happy that there was a lot I could point out. I should mention now that about 80% of my manga and all of my manhwa is girl orientated. Granted, I have Death Note, Bleach, Basilisk, Battle Royale, Black Gun and Oldboy in my collection but I also have Ouran, Fruits Basket, Absolute Boyfriend, Chobits, COMIC, Clover, Vampire Knight etc etc

Name that Pokemon!
 And yes, it was worth getting up at 8am after sleeping only 4 hours to go to NebrasKon. So worth it, I would do it all again. And yes, it was worth spending about 15 hours there as well. There was so much to do and heck, Para Para Dancing is addictive! To watch AND play! (I think we call this a win-win situation folks!). The group of us that went consisted of: Alex, Nick, Me, Kimiko & Anton. A merry little band of convention goers. I think this was also Kimiko and Anton's first convention as well. I think they had as much fun as I did and my fun was wayyy through the roof. I felt at home, despite the lack of costume. This is where having a BJD comes in handy. Then I was just as odd but fitted in also.


This Pikachu was sooo cute!!

Can I pretend this was supposed to be like this? BOOM, action shot!

So it was fun to go to the different panels and see all the different people. I kind of regret being so shy and not really taking pictures. Also I was conflicted between taking pictures and carrying Ash around. It's hard to juggle both at once. Plus I had brought him all that way, I couldn't just leave him in the bag all day... even though Alex seemed to judge me everytime he saw me carrying him like a child. Oh well~ It was fun. I even got to eat at Arby's for the first time. Their curly fries are delicious. Okay so more about the Con? Um. There was an Old Spice guy? He could make his pecs move. I think all the ladies enjoyed him. Also, there was a no face who scared the crap out of Kimiko! It was so funny to see her so scared of him, an excellent cosplayer!

Alex shaking hands with Old Spice before killing him

Old Spice dying the only way he knows how - glorious!

Um Um Um. What else? Oh! I bought some things! Yes! There was so much I wanted to buy. Including a Sebastian Michaels character body pillow. I saw a lot of these with girl anime characters on them that boys were buying but alas they were $60!!! Too expensive for me. I'll have to shop for one at another time! Also, there was an adorable Totoro plushie I wanted, a Big Bang Theory shirt that would have been perfect for Merry, loads of phone charms (I'm kinda addicted to those). It amused me to see how crazy some people went for button badges. I bought 5 for $4 while one girl bought $60 worth! I was stood there just staring. Wow! And she had so many already. I just bought one for every bias I had for a show they had for sale.

Misa Amane & Kimko

Pikachu dying -sadface-

SO MANY PEOPLE!!
We spent a lotttt of time in the games room. Simply because Alex is addicted to Jubeats and Nick is a professional Para Para dancer! He gets really into it. If you ever meet him, sing Night on Fire! He'll bust some moves there and then. Actually, it was a really fun game. Me and Kimiko had a go and it was harder than it looked. Though personally, I think we rocked the Sakura song. We probably looked stupid but it was having fun that counted. Also, thanks to Alex I've had this stupid song stuck in my head...


Not that I'm really complaining since it is a nice song. Now to somehow get it onto my iPod... teehee.

I have a few pictures of the BJDs I came across. Actually, there was another stand that had a lot of SOOM limited dolls like an Eucluse but I didn't get any pictures. Again, I was too shy to take pictures of people and their things. But have a few of the people who restung my BJD. They were really nice and now he poses perfectly.






And finally, to tie this all together, I have pictures of my stuff I got. Here we go!
Two new phone charms.

My button badges!

HOW FREAKING CUTE IS THIS? -flails-
 Boylove is fantastic btw~

Ash/Sungjun hates Yaoi. As do Alex and Nick. Hazeo and Kimiko LOVE BL.







4 comments:

Clair said...

ENGLAND!!
Glad you had an awesome time!! xD
... Dude, I miss cons. ;; we need to go to QCON this summer if you're home in time for it. (It's usually around the end of June.)
Loving Ash's face in the last pic :L he looks so pissed off.

Hazel Callan said...

We are so doing QCON with added cosplay. This is happening and no one can stop us. Also want to go all the days so I can take a doll along one of the days haha.

iopiop123 said...

I was at nebraskon, you would probably recognize me from my Mohawk that varied from purple to pink as my temporary dye came out.

Hazel Callan said...

Oh wow, I think I remember seeing you!! Nebraskon was brilliant for a first con! I assume you had a blast too? :D

Post a Comment