Thursday 3 November 2011

Thumbs Up! [KPOP]

So I had to buy Thumbs Up. I did. I really did. And so... I did. I bought it and a few other things from YesAsia. Luckily at the same time Boyfriend were releasing their new minialbum (which I got an autographed version of) and then to get free shipping I bought a K-Drama. It all fell into place nicely there, didn't it? Shame the exchange rate for Sterling to Dollars is screwing me over at the moment. The exchange isn't as good as it was earlier in the year. Ah well. I have a video edited to show off what I got and I plan to take a few pictures tomorrow when the daylight is still around. I left it a little late today unfortunately, woops. Sorry about that.

Minwoo's Autograph!
However, I will have pictures of my goodies up tomorrow so consider that a cheeky bonus. Video under the read more!


Firstly the K-Drama I got... Well, I've been dying to see this for a long time. It's called 매리는 외박중 which is known as Marry me, Mary! / Mary Stayed out All night. You might have noticed it mentioned a few times on my blog before since it stars Jang Geun Suk (and we all know I adore that man). I really like the plot idea behind this drama as well. 

This is the synopsis from drama wiki:
Wi Mae Ri is the cheerful, pragmatic daughter of a failed businessman who had grown used to being constantly on the move to escape from debtors. She becomes fast friends with the free-spirited indie singer Kang Moo Kyul when she nearly ran him over in a car. Meanwhile, her father Wi Dae Han is saved from his debtors by his old friend, Jung Suk, who had just returned from considerable success in the Japanese entertainment industry. Jung Suk, who had harboured a secret love for Mae Ri's mother, sets up a deal with Dae Han to have Mae Ri marry his son, Jung In. In her desperate to escape this predicament, Mae Ri begs Moo Kyul to pose as her husband, and finds herself in even more trouble than before when her father proposes a 100-day period in which she has to divide her time equally between Moo Kyul and Jung In, after which she has to decide who to marry.
So it sounds like the typical k-drama but it also seems like its going to be really good. Honestly, I'm excited to see the character that Jang Geun Suk plays. From clips that I've watched I know I'm going to adore him. Also, I have some of the OST downloaded and 부탁해, My Bus! ( Take Care, My Bus! ) is one of my favourite songs.

Moving onto CrispiCrunch next. When they came out with Thumbs Up! I immediately loved them as a duo. That song is so zany and catchy, its hard not to like it. It's a song that really gets me in the mood to go party hard! However, the surprise I had when I discovered the second song... wow, its such a bittersweet song. 헤어짐을 글로 배웠나봐 (Feat. 나나J) is a beautiful song. It seems as though people are translating the title into English as: Learn separation from words. I just love listening to it. Such a departure from their initial release and yet still has their flair. I can't wait to have more from this duo, they seem right up my street!


Now Boyfriend. I am so psyched I managed to snag a autographed version of their CD. There was a little worry when my shipment was delayed and then the autographed CDs went out of stock (which irked me for a moment since I had preordered mine a week before they were released, basically as soon as YesAsia had them up for sale). However, I'm the proud BestFriend owning a Minwoo autographed CD! I love that YesAsia does this as it makes it easier for International fans to get their hands on something like this.

The group show a slightly more mature look while still retaining their innocence. Their song 내 여자 손대지마 (Don't touch my Girl) is really nice melody and the MV for it has a nice look. I did notice that Boyfriend and FT Island seem to be singing in the same attic however... a lot of MVs these days seem to be sharing sets haha. Still, I love this song and also 점점점is a nice song as well. If you're curious about Boyfriend, look up their music. Support them by buying the CDs and spread the love. I think they're a group with a lot of potential...

 

Enjoy!
 







No comments:

Post a Comment