Thursday 26 May 2011

Chu Chu Chu~ [BJD]

So Chu's parts arrived today! I was so excited to finally get them and now... I'm not so sure. Alright, I know they were never going to be a perfect fit but now I have them... I'm kinda scared to mod them. What if I do it wrong? I've never modded anything like this before! Of course, I had bought a yo-sd forever and an age ago to mod (a DollFamily doll) which I did. But that was facial mods and nothing on this scale. Plus, I paid rather a lot just for legs. So I'm stuck with the dilemma of modding or selling on.


The parts were bought from a nice user from DOA who was kind enough to give me a layaway (which lasted longer than intended >__<). They were packed securely and she even included a note. I shall be leaving her feedback shortly.



 Chu didn't seem so thrilled I had plucked him from his spot on the shelf. However, I was so pleased when I opened the parts. Yes they are a creamy white and Chu is normal skin. To me it didn't matter with the blushing I had in mind for him. The resin is a really nice quality and it was my first time handling Soom resin. Overall, I'm really pleased with the quality. They were packaged securely in the box and there didn't seem to be any damage upon inspection. The tail came with the magnet already inside. 

How adorable is that tail? >w<




Some comparison pictures between the joints. I don't know if I should mod the bunny parts or mod chu's parts. I would have to keep the extra knee joint in to help cover up the gap at the end. I'd have to mod the front anyway to make it fit. Anyways. That's Chu's parts and my dilemma. I also need to get S hooks for his feet.

2 comments:

Jatzu said...

Congrats on getting your parts n_n
I would get the rabbit parts modded, as you might want to put Chu's human legs back on if you needed or wanted to n_n but that's only my opinion. Either way I look forward to seeing the finished Chu >3<

Adjunct Fangirl said...

Thanks Jatzu n____n
Yeah, I was thinking of modding the Rabbit parts. I think it would be a case of adding epoxy for the back and then sanding down the front? This would fill the gap for the joint at the back and help it fit better >___< I hope!

Post a Comment