Sunday 22 May 2011

I miss you and my heart is uneasy... [KPOP]

That line, the title of this blog... It's a line from Friend's Graduation (Wanna Be Your Love) / 친구졸업 (Wanna Be Your Love). One of my favourite songs by the group that it seemed appropriate almost...

  
I was devastated to find out yesterday that LeeU would be leaving the group. Since a little after their debut I have been a fan of F.Cuz and proud to call myself a Runway once the fan-club name was released. I wanted to show my support for the group and for one of my biggest kpop biases, Choi Young Hak aka Kan. They were a group of four who all had their own charms and talents. While I could never boast immediately being drawn to Maknae YeJun or Leadja Jinon, it would be my OTP KanU who would get me hooked. I find, when it comes to kpop groups that having a bias in the group helps me stan them more.

LeeU has every right to want a solo career. He has a fantastic voice! I hope him all the best in the future. He'll go far, I just know it! I'm not going to be a fan who resents him for wanting the best out of his life. It's happened already in a group I love, and that person is reaching amazing new heights. LeeU, hwaiting!




 Yes, I cried. As soon as I walked home from work with that one song on repeat, Friend's Graduation, I had to compose myself and talk to the one person I knew would understand.Thank you Merry, so much. Without you, last night, those tears of sorrow would never have turned to tears of joy. KanU. We've been stanning since the beginning ne? I know they'll never stop being friends and if someone tries to stop them... that's just criminal. I know this isn't much but I had to say something. Now that I've had a night of reflection (and Miura Haruma x Sato Takeru shippage!) I know its okay to get upset because I was there from the beginning.


I know some people might find that pathetic but image your favourite actor leaving a tv series you love or your favourite singer leaving their group. In the Kpop fandom we become so attached to those groups we cheer, we feel so close to them. Their happiness becomes our happiness and their sorrow is ours also. I know its not on the same level of DBSK or SS501. It's not even the same as U-KISS. But it hurts. We all have feelings.


Lee Seunghyun. You'll be amazing. Maybe you're scared now but hwaiting! Runways support you!

*image from http://loverholic13.tumblr.com/post/5706397939

No comments:

Post a Comment